Dear Parents and/or Guardians,
Welcome to 2018! We have started the term strong and we look forward to partnering together with you this year. The school has recently purchased NEW FRIDGES for each classroom. These are available for students to put their lunchboxes in. We want to continue to create an environment of Healthy Eating within the School community. Below are some suggestions we HIGHLY RECOMMEND for lunchboxes:
● Fruit - Apples, bananas, oranges, watermelon, strawberries, mixed fruit, dried fruit and snack packs in natural juice.
● Vegetables – Carrot sticks, capsicum sticks, green beans, cucumber sticks, celery sticks, snow peas, tomatoes, roast veggies or mix it all together and create a yummy salad.
● Milk, Yoghurt and Cheese – Tip *Freeze yoghurts the night before
● Meat or Meat Alternative – tinned tuna, boiled eggs, baked beans, hummus dip and savoury muffins or scones
● Grain and Cereal Food – Wraps, sandwiches, rolls and toasted sandwiches, pasta dishes, rice and noodle dishes.
● Water - *juice poppers have very high sugar content. *Sugar sweetened drinks and confectionery should not be provided in lunchboxes. They can lead to excess energy intake and tooth decay.
Thank you for partnering with us to promote Healthy Eating.